Monday, July 30, 2007

Letter to Gary Paulsen

168 Clyde road
Fendalton 8053
Christchurch
27 july

Dear Gary Paulsen,

My name is Amelia and I started reading your book the Hatchet because our reading group started. I really like it.

I find it interesting that you can write about Brian stranded and it sounds so real. Have you ever been through something like that because you’re really good at telling the story or otherwise you have a great imagination? Is Brian and terry just made up names, or do you know people with the names?

I am only half way through the book. I am up to the part when Brian sees that big black bear but the bear doesn’t see Brian, which is really good. So far I really don’t know why it’s called hatchet, but I might understand when I get a little more into the story. I do know that Brians only weapon is a hatchet. So I do know a bit why its called the hatchet.

Yours Faithfully
Amelia

No comments: